The really frightening thing about middle age is the knowledge that you'll grow out of it. - DORIS DAY

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Vivian Howard - Wonderful Southern Chef, Author, Celebrity - That's Her Call, Reluctantly

Some of us grew up when there were only four TV channels - the three national broadcasters and ETV.

I can reflect on most of those years and ETV has done a wonderful job with their programming in recent years - not to be ignored.

One jewel they found, or either she or her family found them, is Vivian Howard, a wonderful, warm and obviously, well-accomplished chef and author of her first book, Deep Run Roots, which happens to be a huge award winner.

We bought this book for my sister-in-law for Christmas, whom grew up not far from Vivian (from Kinston, N.C.) and for whom she shares some similar speech and mannerisms.

I've already received the book and it may not make it under the tree for my sister-in-law - I may have to have another one shipped in for her Christmas gift.

Vivian's TV show is Thursdays on ETV and I could be wrong, but I believe a repeat of the last week's show begins at 8:00p and then the new episode is at 8:30p. Don't miss either.

This is a down-to-earth and wonderful person with natural beauty and a presence which is no less than inviting.

Oh, she also experiments with and explores all the plants and proteins she can get her hands on from her Southern territorial past for which she once didn't wish to return. Her restaurant is Chef & The Farmer - much reverence shown for the source and the provider.

It's difficult not to appreciate and enjoy Vivian. You will. I'll simply have to wait until she has nothing else to do but cook with me.

I've read some history of Vivian's cooking experiences and recipes. If you love to cook or have a friend or loved one(s) who does, you can, should, order the book at Deep Run Roots.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment